Posted by: Poeks | 2008/09/10

pelvic floor exercises

I' m 50 yrs old, had 2 kids and abd histerectomy. My pelvic floor muscles are very slack and it feels as though I' ve got one big open " hole" . Having very little sensation or " holding onto"  muscles.
I' m doing pilates, pelvic floor exercises and have weight balls to train with. What else can I do or what' s available to get my " tightness"  back??

Apologies for the delay in responding, I wanted to get additional suggestions from colleagues in SASHA.

The options available to you are as follows:
1. increase your weight training with the vaginal balls - this training is not an event but rather an ongoing process and the mass needs to continuously increase to keep pace with the strengthening muscles
2. surgery - to reduce the length of the pelvic muscles -my colleague is clear that this is not really recommended though
3. go for internal electrical muscle stimulation - there are a few such units on the market - normally used for incontinence - they work very well but are pricey 3-5K depending on the model

Posted by: Been there | 2008/10/02

There is something called Laser Vaginal rejuvenation and only performed by one doctor in South Africa (that I know of. This doctor was trained by Dr Matlock in the USA on his signature operation. I am not sure if I' m allowed to mention names, but you may contact me if you need further detail.

Reply to Been there