Question
Posted by: DS | 2004/10/08

Pelvic floor exercises

Hi, I have a prolapsed uterus and bladder. I am 45 years old and suspect that I worsened this by doing leg presses with too much weight. 1) Could this have caused the prolapse the become worse? 2) Can you advise on the best form of pelvic floor exercises and how long I have to do these exercises for each day. I have read that short periods of exercise throughout the day is best. I do not want to resort to surgery as the prolapse does not really affect my lifestyle etc. I am physically active and quite fit.

tks.

Expert ImageArchive

hi DS

The best thing you can do for the pelvic floor is to find someone who teaches Callnetics in your area. Their primary focus is the pelvic floor - I did a short session the other day and was amazed at how effective it was.

Until you have pelvic contol watch out hectic exercises like leg press because the pressure has to go somewhere, and with a weak pelvic floor that is the weakest link

Douglas