Question
Posted by: Mistic | 2006/10/26

pelvic discomfort after periods

I don't normally get period pains, but in my last cycle, I had them and they were extreme. Before this I had discomfort during intercourse. I still have those pains but they are now ignorable. Should I worry. I am 23 years old and I don't have a child.

I'd suggest that you see a gynaecologist. A cyst could be a possible cause.

1
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/26

It could be that you have a cyst on the ovaries - its really common and nothing to worry about too much. It would be a good idea to mention it to your gynae at your next visit so they can check.
Ovarian cycsts are only problematic if they dont come away with your period and grow in size.

Reply to Lou