Posted by: Mistic | 2006/10/26

pelvic discomfort after periods

I don't normally get period pains, but in my last cycle, I had them and they were extreme. Before this I had discomfort during intercourse. I still have those pains but they are now ignorable. Should I worry. I am 23 years old and I don't have a child.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

I'd suggest that you see a gynaecologist. A cyst could be a possible cause.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Lou | 2006/10/26

It could be that you have a cyst on the ovaries - its really common and nothing to worry about too much. It would be a good idea to mention it to your gynae at your next visit so they can check.
Ovarian cycsts are only problematic if they dont come away with your period and grow in size.

Reply to Lou

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.