Question
Posted by: neo | 2005/12/07

pelpitation

does palpitation lead to heartattack and what causes it?

Expert ImageArchive

Dear Neo,

“Palpitation” is a word used by non-medical persons to describe a transiently irregular pulse, or a strange feeling in the chest, or a sudden fast pulse. Unless the actual type, and cause of the palpitations is known, no doctor can actually give you any sensible answer or advice. The causes of these palpitations are too numerous to list here, but the commonest are things such as medications, coffee, alcohol, stimulants, anxiety, etc

However, the commonest form of what most people call palpitations is that of premature beats. If this is what you have, and you are a young and otherwise healthy person, the chances of it leading to a heart attack is minimal. If you are older, a smoker , diabetic, hypertensive, overweight of have a family history of heart disease, then you are at greater risk.

I suggest that you go for a complete heart check-up if you are worried about this.

HeartDoc

2
Posted by: HeartDoc | 2005/12/10

Dear Jazz,

Some palpitations, of the premature beat sort, are known to disappear during exercise. The problem is still there , but just not during exercise.

Heartdoc

Reply to HeartDoc
Posted by: jazz | 2005/12/10

Dear Doc.

Why my pelpitation just adjusts itself to normal if i masturbate, otherwise it doesnt if i abstane from any sexual activity for more than a week.Am a male of 31 and I got no health complicacies.

jazz

Reply to jazz