Posted by: Zandi | 2008/07/16


Hi doc is there any kind of skin a glycolic acid peel is NOT suitable for? And is there any part of the body it can't be done on?

Secondly when wanting to get rid of pigmentation is it necessary to see a dermatologist first or can i just go straight to a reputable laser/skin peel clinic?

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello Zandi, thank you for the question.

Glycolic acid peels have been performed on all skin types and generally speaking can be done on all parts of the body (except mucous membranes, open sores, eczema, psoriasis, etc.). My preference is that patients consult with a dermatologist or an aesthetic practitioner with a special interest in pigmentation first so that the area can be examined and the appropriate treatment prescribed.

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.