Question
Posted by: Johann | 2006/04/17

peeling skin on scrotum

Hi. The skin on my scrotum seems to be in a cycle of turning leathery and then peeling off. There's no pain when the skin peels off, as it appears to be dead discoloured skin, almost like paper. This started after I went to my gp about a burning feeling on my scrotum, he prescibed an antibiotic (Moxan) and Travocort cream for the burning feeling. Could this peeling of the skin be because of the ointment prescribed? or is there some other cause? Perhaps the same that caused the burning in the first place?

Dear Johann
Yes the peeling can be because of the cream - I think you should see a dermatologist as you probably now have a dermatitis of the scrotum.