Posted by: Pete | 2010/04/08

Peeling skin

Hi there, see there is no skin doctor but hope you can help or move my post.
I treid to get an appointment with a skin doc bt they are all full for at least 2 months.

My problem: For the last month or so the skin on my hands are forming little white (deadskin) spots which then cracks and I then peel it off. Almost like sunburn, but this must be more layers of skin as peeling it in some places is actually sore.
I have not changed soap, dishwasher, shampoo or anything I can think off in that time.
My hands look really bad with all the spots of removed skin on it (front and back of hands).
Should I go try see a pharmisist in the meantime for a cream? Or what could this be.

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


You can consult your GP for skin tests, as well as blood tests, in order to rule an allergic reaction out, that might be the cause for your symptoms. Your doctor will also have to send some of the skin peelings away, to rule a yeast infection out.

I do however, think that it is due to an allergic reaction of some kind.


Dr Anrich Burger

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.