Question
Posted by: X | 2005/11/24

P***ed off

Someone please tell me if I'm being demanding. My boyfriend and I dont see each other often and when I do get the opportunity I prefer him to come to my house. For the first time ever I've seen him for 2 weeks in a row (excepting weekends - because he works). I saw him on Monday at my house and Tuesday and Wednesday at the gym. Yesterday I asked him to come to my house and he said okay, we just spoke and he said that he wants to go to the gym and see me there. While we train we dont talk and have a 5min conversation in the car before he goes home at 6 and then I dont speak to him until the next morning because I'm studying. We have a mutual friend at work and when I told her that I'm upset with him she says I'm too demanding and am being stupid. He will be working standby from tomorrow until next week friday and I wont see him at all. Is it wrong that I want to see him today. Am I being too demanding. I get upset because she says I'm being demanind but she sees her boyfriend 3 times a day because they work in the same building and she doesnt know how it is not to see her b-friend. Is it wrong for me to be upset with him because he told me yesterday that I will come see me at home. I told him that I hurt my calf at the gym yesterday and wont be able to go, but it doesnt matter to him.

Maybe he's just not all that into you, and you are expecting more from him than nhe is prepared to give you

7
Posted by: Dr.Evil | 2005/11/24

Better to be p***es off, than pi**ed on.....

Reply to Dr.Evil
Posted by: Dev | 2005/11/24

I really understand your situation my dear, but what I can tell you is if you can't see him because of work you mind as well speak with each other over the phone, sms each other, mails, you know i last saw my b/f on tuesday morning and i'll see him again maybe on friday night if he will come back early as he is out to work in north west or see him saturday night as he might work, I do miss him a lot, but we talk to each other zillion times over the phone, sometimes when i call him he can't get the phone and I leave him a nice message, at a spare time he'll call, you know communication is important even if you don't see the person. The whole of last week I didn't see him also the weekend and i only saw him on monday spend the night with him tuesday morning gone, and my love for him seems to grow more every day, the more i don't see him the more it grows, so if you can't see your b/f you can speak with him over the phone because i am sure he would also like to see you as much as you want but work, is work.....

Reply to Dev
Posted by: lee | 2005/11/24

I think he is being insensitve to your feelings.. after all being your boyfriend one would expect that he would make an effort to see you. Speak to him (about what is really in your heart) it might do wonders. I get all weepy when i know my hubby has to go away on business so I can just imagine how frustrated you are. On the other hand, some people don't react to well to pressure and go 90 degrees in the other directions as soon as it hits them. Perhaps give him a couple of days, let him make the effort to contact you. You might even surprise yourself and realise that he is not all that important to you and you don't miss him that much. Go out with your friends, whatever. "It could be either a case of absense makes the heart grow fonder" or" out of sight out of mind"

Reply to lee
Posted by: blackbird | 2005/11/24

are you sure he is your boyfriend. what makes you think he is your boyfriend

Reply to blackbird
Posted by: Sorry | 2005/11/24

Hi Ex,

You have every right to want to see him. But, in my experience, though limited, if the guy's really in to you, no excuse, not work, not money, not anything, is going to stop him from wanting to see you. It's not nice hearing, and I've had to learn that particular a lot...good luck

Reply to Sorry
Posted by: Friend | 2005/11/24

Perhaps he's got another girlfriend or alternatively he spends a lot of time with his friends. This situation is definitely not healthy and you need to sort it out with him.

Reply to Friend
Posted by: cow | 2005/11/24

No, don't be silly. After all, he is your boyfriend and I would expect for you to be seing much more of each other.

Reply to cow