Question
Posted by: Big Mac | 2004/10/09

Peanuts on 'BODY FOR LIFE' program.

I have taken the plunge to do the 'Body for Life' program that started this week.
I am required to eat 6 x daily and concentrate on proteins.

My question is:

Are raw, straight-out-of-the-shell peanuts a good thing or should I leave them out as they may contain too much fat?

Your response would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you, Big Mac

Dear Big Mac
Peanuts are a good source of protein, but they do have a high fat content. I would use small portions (about 30g).
Be careful of any diet that requires you to leave out any nutrient (e.g. carbohydrate) and encourages you to overeat on proteins.

1
Posted by: Liza | 2004/10/11

You can eat about 30g of peanuts per day. It does not count as a protein on the Body for Life program. It is a fat. So use it sparingly. You must still have your protein and carb every 6 hours. you can add a fat per day at any meal. Try not to have it with your last 3 meals.

Reply to Liza