Question
Posted by: ADD Mom | 2004/12/13

PDDNOS Child / Re:Man and prostitutes

I while ago a mentioned in a posting that my child (6year old) is very aggressive on his meds. We took him back to the Neurologist. She stopped the arropax and increased the Risperdal. He now has 0.5mg at night and in the morning. She also increased the Ritalin. He is much better. Still gets upset but does not go into attack mode.

Just a comment on one of the postings about the girl and her Bf with the prostitutes. My BF and I have been living together for about a year now. Know each other for about 2. After my divorce I went wild, slept with whomever I wanted and could get, drank, smoked did some drugs etc. About a year before I met him I decided that it is enough as I need to take care of my kids and cannot carry on like this. He never was in any sort of relationship at all. He is a very big man and has an overdose of insecurities. He went to places where he could not be rejected, like teazers. He also had ladies come to his room when he was on business trips etc. I also have my own set of insecurities coming from an abusive background. So he battles to trust me and me him because of the past. We love each other and want this too work. So we are seeing someone to help us. For us it is that if this relationship does not work, it will not work somewhere else because of our insecurities. We also have to understand that in the past we were alone and now we are not. I don’t need to go sleep around and he has someone the same way. He also has not been to a strip club since we have met because he does not have to seek the acceptance anymore.

I understand this ladies insecurity. I am in my view not a pretty girl and those girls, Hey, why would he want me. For him it is that he has something special and don’t want it anymore. For me, I have someone that actually cares and wont change it for the world. Trust is important, and respect. So good luck.Oh yes, and talk talk talk...it is the only way.

Hi ADD Mom,
Delighted to hear that the re-adjustment of his meds has been helping.
And your views on the other matter sound eminently sensible

5
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/13

I've not done the Ritalin-thing yet - to scared of it.... still farting around with the herbal stuff - calmolin and now addvantage. Maybe next year...

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: ADD Mom | 2004/12/13

Thanks CP MOM. It was not an easy decision. It was the best one though.

Reply to ADD Mom
Posted by: CP MOM | 2004/12/13

And I get worried about Nè and her ADHD ... when one reads a posting like this it makes you think you should rather be thankful...

I cannot imagine what it must be like to have a 6 year old on meds like this already.

Good luck ADD Mom !

Reply to CP MOM
Posted by: Add Mom | 2004/12/13

Excellent!

Reply to Add Mom
Posted by: Ekke | 2004/12/13

Baie, baie dankie vir hierdie woorde. Dit help baie en beteken vir my baie. Ja hy is nie 'n baie mooi man nie (alhoewel hy vir my is). Hy dra 'n bril en is blind in die een oog. Sy eie sister het vir my gese dat hy's so lelik wie sal hom nou liefkry.

So ja miskien oor die verwerpings aspek was dit vir hom makliker en as ek nou so nadink daaroor dan onthou ek weer hoe my koppie uitgehak het net nadat ek geskei is.

Jou woorde het baie vir my beteken baie dankie hoor.

Reply to Ekke