Question
Posted by: Nicki | 2008/01/16

PCOS & trying to get through my day...

Hi,I am 30 years young...
I was diagnosed with PCOS & Insulin resistence about 3 years ago. I subsequently went on to Dianne and Glucophage. The cysts went away and my periods became as regular as clock work. I did not need to stay on the Glucophage, but remained on the pill.
I since got married and would like to start my family now. I went off my pill in October 2007 and still got my period in November and December. I seem to be late this month (Jan 2008) and took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. I am disappointed..:-(
My question is: Once diagnosed with PCOS & Insulin resisitence will it always be there?
Thank you...

In general, PCOS can only be managed, not cured. Perhaps wait a few days and then repeat the pregnancy test.

2
Posted by: I want a baby!!! | 2008/04/17

I have PCOS - got diagnosed last year when I went to the gynea cause 4 months after being on the depo injection I still had not received my period.
I have been going through endless websites trying to find the one medication that I have not tried.
I was on glucophage, something to induce my period, clomid and diets. Nothing worked.
Everyone told me to "loose weight before you try and fall pregnant" It makes me want to screem!!
I have the rest of my life to loose weight, but not to have a baby.
Made an appointment at the Morningside Vita Lab Fertility Clinic to see if they can help me fall pregnant.
Just give me a baby or two, I'll worry about the rest later!!

What can I try to help me have a baby that won't bankrupt us?

Reply to I want a baby!!!
Posted by: BR | 2008/01/16

PCOS will always be there and i think u should go back to glucophage. I also have PCOS and i was on glucophage until i got pregnant last year November. Go to your doctor explain to him and surely he will prescribe something for u.

Reply to BR