Question
Posted by: Angela | 2006/10/30

PCOS / Stomach Banding / Pill 2nd option

Hi Gynaedoc,

I need some advice please. I have PCOS with all the symptoms that go with it, excess hair, acne etc. I am also very overweight and have recently had a stomach banding operation with the intention of putting off pregnancy for a year while I lose weight.
I now want to go onto the pill for a year and my own gynae has recommended Diane 35 which he says will help clear up my acne and reduce the symptoms of PCOS. I am worried that Diane 35 will seriously effect my weight loss and I want to know what my alternatives are.

Thanks/Angela.

Diane 35 is the best Pill for your problem. The excess weight in PCOS is due to metabolic disturbances and can be helped by following a diabetic type diet and using Glucophage.