Question
Posted by: Jinx | 2008/06/23

PCOS / Pregnancy

HI

I have not had a period since 1st Jan and after doing a scan, my gynae told me i have PCOS.

I want to start a family.

I have been put on glucophage, Duphaston and Clomid (when my periods do kick in)...
I am reading articles on the net that say there is no cure for Polysystic ovaries but it can be managed to prevent problems.

If glucophage, helps prevent diabetes and lowers blood glucose levels which will help me ovulate, WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THE ACTUAL CYSTS ON MY OVARIES?
Will it disappear or how will this be cured?
Can i get pregnant while having this condition and if so,wont this affect my baby?

There are small follicles on the ovaries and they are a manifestation of the problem rather than the problem itself. Weight loss is central to the management. Getting pregnant is possible but it sounds like you will need help to ovulate. So the cysts do not dissapear and glucophage is one of the things we use in the condition. The baby should be fine.

4
Posted by: diva | 2008/12/07

Im 6weeks 5 days pregnat and had some brown/ pink spotting for a couple of days. my earlier doc did a u/s at 6 weeks which showed heart beat and fetal pole. she put me on puregets tablets (400 mg twice a day). this made me real sick so i went to another doc. shes changed the medicine to Duphaston 10mg once every night. Iv read some very scary side effects of duphaston on unborn baby (cleft palate, masculine features, death etc). is this all true? or is duphaston safe to take?

Reply to diva
Posted by: Baby | 2008/07/12

Hi I had my whom removed a view years ago and still have my ovaries. Can I get pregnant. I know not the normal way, but can I carry a baby in one of my ovaries.

Reply to Baby
Posted by: LL | 2008/06/23

The cysts stay there...

Reply to LL
Posted by: Jinx | 2008/06/23

Thank you doc!

Reply to Jinx