Question
Posted by: sue | 2004/11/08

pcos & pregnancy

I have been diagnosed with pcos approximately 3 years ago & have been on the pill ever since. I now want to start a family... do i just leave the pill or do I have to see a doctor. please advise...

Stop the Pill. If you have difficulty conceiving or if your periods are irregular after the first 3 months, you should see your doctor.

2
Posted by: Doll | 2004/11/08

I agree with JJ. I was also diagnosed with PCOS and now want start a family. Your Gynae will do more tests and draw up a plan for you and monitor you closely, you might have to go on Clomid to ensure that you ovulate.

Best of luck and i hope all goes well

Reply to Doll
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/08

The best thing to do is to see your gynae first, they will also test you to see if you are emmunied to German Measles.

Also the pill takes about 3 months to come out your system, so best you book a gynae appointment ASAP.

I went that route and the gynae was much happier that I went to her first, they will also ask you a whole lot of questions.

Best of luck

Reply to JJ