Posted by: sue | 2004/11/08

pcos & pregnancy

I have been diagnosed with pcos approximately 3 years ago & have been on the pill ever since. I now want to start a family... do i just leave the pill or do I have to see a doctor. please advise...

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageGynaeDoc

Stop the Pill. If you have difficulty conceiving or if your periods are irregular after the first 3 months, you should see your doctor.

Best wishes

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Doll | 2004/11/08


I agree with JJ. I was also diagnosed with PCOS and now want start a family. Your Gynae will do more tests and draw up a plan for you and monitor you closely, you might have to go on Clomid to ensure that you ovulate.

Best of luck and i hope all goes well


Reply to Doll
Posted by: JJ | 2004/11/08

The best thing to do is to see your gynae first, they will also test you to see if you are emmunied to German Measles.

Also the pill takes about 3 months to come out your system, so best you book a gynae appointment ASAP.

I went that route and the gynae was much happier that I went to her first, they will also ask you a whole lot of questions.

Best of luck

Reply to JJ

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.