Question
Posted by: Macie | 2005/11/18

PCOS & Ovulation

I was diagnosed with PCOS & therefore no ovulation. Have been trying to get pregnant for 1 year. Gynae prescribed Progesterone (Duphaston) to assist with mensturation and preparation of lining, which was to thick.
Then Clomid was prescribed for 3 months. Went for Day 10 Scan the 1st month (50mg) and she said ovulation is likely to happen. I started mentruation (SADLY) and am taking the 2nd month of Clomid 100 mg now and will be seeing Gynae on 21 Nov. for Day 10 Scan.

I would like to know what is the success rate of Clomid / Fertomid? For how many months can it safely be prescribed?
What is the next step if I do not fall pregnant with the help of Clomid?

Also - my husband has not been tested. When is this an option?

Thank you,

Macie

you need to find out if you are ovulating on clomid and at which dose, you can continue for 4 to 6 ovulatory cycles. if there is no additional causes of infertility in your case then you should have a good chance of falling pregnant. if you still not pregnant