Question
Posted by: k_25 | 2007/04/03

PCOS & natural remedies & nutrition

I suffer from PCOS, I am currently on the pill but would really like some alternatives. I don't want to fall pregnant yet but do want to aleviate the symptoms. I have started getting period cramps three weeks before my period is due??? I;m bloated and picking up wight fast, although still slim and active. I am interested in help with natural remedies or nutrition plans specifically because I suffer from hypoglycemia. Are there any sites or societies that can put me in touch with someone in my area that can deal with this naturally or nutrionally?? Does anyone know of any texts that are male friendly to understand for my partner?? Many Thanks

A low GI diet should help.

1
Posted by: Kat | 2007/04/04

Chaste Berry of Agnus Castus or Vitex is a herb used for women's complaints. There is some good scientific evidence that it can help for polycystic ovaries. There is a company called Phytoforce which makes herbal tinctures, and this is available at a good health store. The tinctures are these little blue bottles and Chaste Berry is number 27. You take 10 drops three times a day, but you need to persist for months, but it really does help.

Reply to Kat