Question
Posted by: PCOSHelp | 2006/10/30

pcos n liver disease

I am 28 n have normal weight. I was detected with Polycustic ovaries 4 motnhs back . I have been trying to conceive for over 8 months. Went for a USG follicular study and I was ovulating. The problems is my periods are regular but is always late by exactly 3 days each month. My questions:
1. Am I ovulating each month?
2. How do I calculate my ovulation date in such a case? Is my cycle 33 days?.
3. This month I had mild periods for over 9 days with almost no bleeding for the first 2 days. Should I contact my doctor.
4. After how many tries or what age should I go for a drilling or IVF?
I also have chronic liver disease (docs couldnt find any reasons) with 2 bouts of jaundice after marriage. So I cannot take medicines.

It is likely that you ovulate regularly. Your cycle would b e 33 days in a 30 day month.
I don't think that you need to see your doctyor about the last period.
If you are ovulating there is no need for ovarian drilling or IVF. Carry on trying. 8 months is a relatively short time.