Question
Posted by: Annie | 2005/07/26

PCOS Medication

I've been diagnosed with PCOS about 2 weeks ago. My gyno gave met the minimum info and i'm scared and confused to say the least. I've been put on Glucopahge and Aldactone - went to see a dietician and started exercising. What concerns me is that I keep loosing weight (I wasn't overweight to start off with) - at the moment I'm down to 45kg (I'm 1,6m tall) - is this normal??

Another thing that conerns me - after my recent visit to the gyno, I received a letter in the mail telling me that a small amount of non-cancerous cells were found in my pap smear, bur that I was not to contact her, as the body normally repairs this on it's own. I have to go back for another one in 3 months time though - what could this possibly mean - could it be related to the PCOS?

It does not sound like you need to lose any more weight. The Glucophag is only necessary if you have insulin resistance.
Non- cancerous cells are normal and would not ned a repeat pap in 3 months. Do you mean pre-cancerous cells?.