Question
Posted by: Doll | 2004/11/01

PCOS, havent had periods is there something i can do

I have been disgnosed with PCOS in March since then i have gotten my period 3 times of out of which i took primolut twice to bring on my period and took clomid on these occasions as well. My insulin and glucose levels are normal,my ovaries are not enlarged and i am not overweight (55 Kg) I am becoming more and more depressed every day as my hubby and i have been trying to conceive for over a year now. i am still young 23 years but i feel that time is running out. I get signs of my period coming sometimes, tender breasts, back pain, nausea but no period and i think could this be my month. i dont even want to do a preg test anymore as i get more depressed.

Is there any hormonal tablets, injections that can be taken to ensure that i at least get a cycle every month so that i can take the clomid and has anyone gone through this.
I have an appointment with my doc on the 16th November and need some advise so that i can pose these questions to him.

Any information would be much appreciated

You should take Provera to bring on a period and then take Clomid. Your cycle should be monitored to see whether the Clomid makes you ovulate or not. If not, you may have to go on to other medications to stimulate ovulation.

1
Posted by: Jay | 2004/11/01

I too have been diagnosed with PCOS and am on glucophage which is working and regulating my cycles. Are you taking anything like that? Ask your gynae. I too used to have dreadfully long cycles also with exactly the same symptoms as you that i was about to get my period - but nothing. The glucophage is great and works wonders. I would enquire about it.

Reply to Jay