Question

PCOS & glucophage

Hello, I have recently been diagnosed with PCOS again after many years of being on the Pill to rectify this problem. I have not had a menstrual cycle for more than four months after stopping the Pill. My gynae has put m on glucophage in the hope that this will help produce the hormones needed to ovulate on my own. Last week I had a cyst burst which a great amount of pain. I would like to know about any side effects that may be caused by Glucophage as my gynae has not mentioned any. After a week of glucophage I feel somewhat light headed, nausous and lethargic. Should I continue on glucophage or should I suggest that the medication be changed.

GIT symptoms that are quite nonspecific like you have described are possibly the 'worst' a you will experiences. Most symptoms improve with time; so continue Glucophage.