Question
Posted by: SHUYA | 2008/01/21

PCOS AND HYPOTHYROIDISAM

I have been diagnosed with both PCOS and hypothyroidism. I am 34 and want to fall pregnant. My doctor has put me on Provera for 7 days and four days later I still have not ovulated. Is there need to be concerned. Also, I am also on metformin and Spiractin. Is this safe to use to fall pregnant. I am on eltroxin and autrin(I'm also aneamic). Please help. I also have to loose weight. Atleast 20 kg . Please advise on a diet. I am already on an exercise program.

Shuya

Provera will not make you ovulate. It will just bring on a period. If you are not ovulating, you need Clomid. The Eltroxin and Autrin are fine. What is the Spiractin for?
DietDoc should be able to suggest a diet.

2
Posted by: ED | 2008/07/16

Cani take both duiretics together

Reply to ED
Posted by: LL | 2008/01/21

I also have PCOS and thryroid stuff, also aneamic. With PCOS you dont ovulate regularly, thats why the medication he gave should take time to work or help you. MEtformin only helps with your bloodsugar and insulinlevels to keep them stable. Apparently once pregnant you shouldnt use it but ask your doc to make sure.

BEcause of your PCOS, the best eating programm is LOW GI. You can find loads ideas on the internet. Follow the low Gi content of foods and your portions and you should lose weight automatically.

Good luck!

Reply to LL