Question
Posted by: Lee | 2008/01/14

PCOS and conceiving

I am 30 years old and have PCOS and Insulin resistance for bout 3 years now. My husband and I are trying to conceive our first child. I went off the pill on the 1st of december and had a normal period from 1-5 Dec. My gynae has put me on 850mg of glucophage and folic acid. My period is now 2 weeks late. I am nauseas and suffer from hearburn which I never get. I did a pregnancy test when I was 5 days late and it was negative. Is my absent period just a symptom of mixed up hormones? is the nausea just related to the glucophage? or Could I be pregnant? Help

You could do a blood test to be absolutely sure, but it seems that you are not pregnant. The late period could be from the PCOS and the nausea from the Glucophage.

1
Posted by: me | 2008/01/14

No period could be because of the PCOS

Reply to me