Posted by: Jes | 2008/08/20

Pcos &  Conceiving

Dear Gynaedoc

My husband and I are ttc for our second baby. I stopped the pill in April, had troubles with my cycles and gynae found that I m not ovulating. He put me on 50mg Clomid and I went back for a scan to discover that I have Pcos. The Clomid has swollen the ovaries and cysts and therefore gynae said we cannot continue with medication. I now have to wait for my cycle to return normally then go back for blood tests on day 3 and a laparoscopy..
Problem I have is when will my cycle return again?? Feelling very discouraged and depressed at the moment. Should I rather see a fertility specialist? Would appreciate your advise.

A fertility expert would be a good idea. PCOS which does not respond to CLomid is often very tricky to treat.