Question
Posted by: LR | 2003/12/07

PCOS - 3 MONTH LONG PERIOD & WANTING TO FALL PREGNANT<br>

I AM 34YRS OLD. WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO CONCEIVE SINCE SHORTLY AFTER WE GOT MARRIED ALMOST 9 YEARS AGO. I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH PCOS AND WENT ON A TREATMENT OF CLOMID FOR 3 MONTHS ABOUT A YEAR AGO. I DID NOT FALL PREGNANT AND HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO A GYNAE SINCE. MY IMMEDIATE PROBLEM, IS THAT I HAVE HAD MY PERIOD FOR 3 MONTHS - WITH ONLY A BREAK OF 3 - 4 DAYS IN BETWEEN. THIS IS REALLY STARTING TO WORRY ME NOW. BEFORE THIS I HAD BEEN MENSTRUATING ALMOST REGULARYL FOR THE PAST YEAR OR SO. WHAT HOPE IS THERE OF ME CONCEIVING?

You will probably need treatment in order to conceive, but the more urgent problem
is sorting out your continuous bleeding. There could be probelms with the uterus or cervix which are causing this. I would suggest that you make an appointment with your gynaecologist as soon as possible.