Posted by: Talita | 2008/10/01

I have been diagnosed with PCOS and Insulin Resistance. Blood tests have also revealed that I have too much testosterone and androgen and too little oestrogen. My periods are incredibly light, so light that a pantyliner for the whole day would be fine! I " bleed"  for two days, and then also not even at night. It' s an excuse for a period. I do get pain, but not excessively. My periods are sometimes regular, sometimes two weeks late or 2 weeks early. I' m 19, 73kg, 1,67cm tall, no matter what I do I cannot lose weight, and I' m studying Dietetics! I' m not even thinking of having children now, but would I be able to one day? I' ve tried the pill, I get the most terrible migranes. Please help

Metformin would probably help for the insulin resistance. Unfortunately, you have to stick to a very strict diet and even then the weight loss will be slow. If you are not ovulating, you will probably need drugs to stimulate ovulation when you decide to have children.

Posted by: Talita | 2008/10/01

Another thing, this has been going on for about 3 years if not more

Reply to Talita