Question
Posted by: jenny | 2008/06/02

pcos

I wanted to know what the symptoms are for pcos? One i can say is that my period is already late by about 4 days. And if i had developed pcos, how long before i should see my doctor?

thanks

The symptoms are irregular or absent period, weight gain and increased body hair. If you think you have PCOS, make an appointment to see your doctor now.

1
Posted by: LL | 2008/06/02

Syptoms are irregular periods over a time, exess hair/ facial, acne, can be insulin-resistant, weight problems,brown skin patches etc. Not everyone have all of these that can hve pcos.

If you suspect you have PCOS see your doc asap, every time you miss a period it means you didnt ovulate which mean the egg doenst release and then forms cysts of your avary which will have infertility as effect. Normally they prescribe a contraceptive and metformin/glucophage. See what works for you. Hope you dont have it...

Reply to LL