Question
Posted by: MJ | 2008/01/09

PCOS

Hi I am 24 years old, have been diagnosed with PCOS & eventually went onto Glucophage. We are trying to conceive for 3years now. With my first gynae I had 2 rounds of Clomid with no success at all. My husband & I was distraught and then went for a second opinion. I had ovarian drilling done, still on Glucophage, now on Yasmin to regulate myself as I was on clomid to do Insemination when the fertility specialist told me that something was not right so that was not an option. He recommended IVM which costs a little or a lot less than IVF, we still cannot afford it? What can one do as I am trying to eat healthy, trying to lose weight. Is there any other way to conceive? I feel really useless and empty and its effecting me 7 my marriage. I cannot even stand to look at pregnant without wanting to burst into tears.

Dear MJ

In the first instance I would presume that a sperm analysis has been done and is essentially normal. It appears that in addition to ovulatory dysfunction there may also be a metabolic problem hence the need for glucophage. Furthermore, clomid, in many cases of advanced PCOS may be insufficient to induce ovulation and ovarian drilling may not yield any positive results after nine months of the procedure. Whilst weight reduction and glucophage is definitely of benefit, it still remains that ovulation induction is necessary, since without ovulation pregnancy is not possible. Therefore the need for injectable ovulation induction agents may be necessary I would strongly suggest that you consider this option.

6
Posted by: MJ | 2008/01/18

Thank you so much Tweety I really feel a lot better as you know yourself and must say that you are very strong to have gone through 3 expensive dissappointments but like you said maybe its not our timeyet...I just dont want to be too old thats all.

Reply to MJ
Posted by: Tweety | 2008/01/15

Hi MJ
I also have PCOS, I have had 3 invitro's with no luck yet, we have been trying now for 5 years., I know how hard it is to look at pregnant woman and not want that, but like all the others say, believe in God and he will give it when the time is right, I know it is not the words you want to hear right now, but whether you have 1 invitro or 10 if it is not God's will for you at that time it will not happen. Try and relax and it is a good thing to loose some weight. I am on weighless as it really helps me to loose weight and it helps me keeping the low GI dieet and to keep my insulin down, you get into the routine quite fast, further don't that the baby thing come between you and hubby as that puts to much pressure onto your relationship, talk about your feelings and if necessary talk to a professional, and talk to your families and enjoy life, don't let this get you under, we all will pray for you and somehow God does give you the strengh to carry on.

Reply to Tweety
Posted by: Debbs | 2008/01/10

I have a friend who has PCOS - after about a year she finally has a beautiful little boy - try Wilgers Infertility clinic

Reply to Debbs
Posted by: rosy | 2008/01/10

MJ, just pray to God to streghten u at this period, the joy of the Lord is yr strenght, i know it is not easy, especially when u see does u got married before, but just believe God is ever faithful, he will do it for u, and the time is now. this is our year just be free like i said, l hv been ttcing for the past 3yrs, and i still believe this is my year. good luck to u baby.

Reply to rosy
Posted by: MJ | 2008/01/10

Thank you for the inspiriational message. My tubes are fine, when I went for ovarian drilling my gynae said that they are clear and also that I have a healthy tummy except for the pcos. I belive that the Almighty has reasons for what we are all going through and I know I should believe and have faith. At times its really hard, I had a cousin that only told me she was preggies after 5months only because she and everyone else felt I was too fragile to know.

Reply to MJ
Posted by: rosy | 2008/01/10

hi mj. just believe God will do it for u, with him all things are possible, i will advice u go for HSG, with that they will be able to know if yr tubes are ok, just fill free when u see a pregnant woman, just believe one day, very soon u will be like her. and give God all the praises, best of luck

Reply to rosy