Question
Posted by: Bella | 2007/06/07

PCOS!!!

Good Morning
I has a bad case of PCOS, went to a excellent gynae, who did tests and put me on the pill.. I asked him couldn't i come off the pill after three months or so..He replied i'd have to be on the pill till i decide to fall pregnant otherwise all my symptoms will return..
Do you agree??
Cause i hear the GI Diet is excellant when having PCOS..

The pill suppresses the sites that these endometriotic spots are outside the uterus where they would normally have causedn you symptoms. Continueing the pill is correct.
I normally encourage patients to try any alternative forms of treatment in addition to there current meds, so try the GI(?) diet.

1
Posted by: Dee | 2007/06/07

pcos cannot be cured only managed. I dont believe that u need to be on the pill until u want to fall preg. You can follow a strict low GI diet (visit a dietician for a good diet plan), go to the gym at least 3 times a week, take a natural supplement such as vitex to help regulate ur cycle and you will see that the very bad symptoms may go away. You just need to take very good care of yourself. I also have pcos and am slowly managing to regulate my cycle through healthy eating and just looking after myself. Go to www DOT-ovarian-cysts-pcos.com, it has alot of very relevant info there.

Doctors dont always know what is best for us, only we know what is best for us and what works for us.

Reply to Dee