Question
Posted by: Nickerball | 2007/03/27

PCOS

I read today on your website about PCOS. Never knew that is what i have. I asked my gynea what to do about the hair growth on my face. His answer loose 20 kg. According to him i am overproducing testosterone. But never told me why. A couple of years back I had a hysterectomy and one of my ovaries where removed due to enlarged cyst. Doctor told me he left the one ovary as it was basically clean and it would help so that i will not need HRT.

At my six week follow up he notice a cyst on the remaining ovary the size of an orange. So back for surgery and the remaining ovary was removed. He did mention that the cyst was there 2 month previously but he thought it would not be a problem.

Now my questions is as follows:
1. Will I still be at risk of the PCOS after my ovaries was removed. I am about 40 kg overweight and have a family history of HOCM. Am trying to loose weight but is struggling.
2. What do I do to remove the beard and side-burns permanently (do not have the money for laser-treatment.)

If your ovaries are removed, you would not have PCOS.
You should have hormone tests to see what the testosterone levels are like as there are other areas where testoterone can be produced. Your best bet is probably to save for laser treatment.
There are hormonal treatments that may work, but they will be expensive too.