Question
Posted by: Rafs | 2005/07/07

PCOS

Two q's..
First is it possible to fall pregnant if u dignosed with PCOS?
and
I was given Minerva as a treatment pill for PCOS - but since ive been on it i have very painfully menstrual cramps which i never suffered with before this. Any reason for this?

thanks :-)

You can fall pregnant with PCOS. I can't explain the cramps. The pill usually lessens period pains.

2
Posted by: Virgo | 2005/07/07

Ive had PCOS too, used tabs to remove cysts, its gone, then came the high insulin level, on Metformin for that, then came the fact that im not ovulating, on Duphaston for that, then i started having vaginal thrush...im even using B-Folic acid for a vitamin tab....This all started February 2005...and Im still TTC....when does it end...im so depressed and upset and wish I could just have 1 baby, all im asking is for 1 not the 7 i dreamt of...Pls pray that my dream comes true.

Thanks!

Reply to Virgo
Posted by: Puppy! | 2005/07/07

Welcome on board. yes, it is very possible to fall pregnant with PCOS. The pill will help to clear the cysts and once cleared your Dr will advise you on a treatment plan. Did your DR check for High insulin levels? I had high insulin levels and was put on metformin to contil the levels (this will help with weight loss as well) . I had problems ovulating, and this was treated with Clomid for 3 months. When you do start TTC, remember to RELAX and dont obsess about it, it does more harm....
Good luck!

Reply to Puppy!