Question
Posted by: Brian | 2018/06/15

paxil to ranflocs

Hello sir, may i ask you, left with no choice would it be alright for me to change from 20 mg paxil to 20mg ranflocs immediately/directly? I am a bit scared. Thanks very much

- 2018/06/18

Hi Brian,
Relax.  Paxil is a trade name for the antidepressant drug Paroxetine, of the  SSRI family.  Ranflocs is a trade name for a generic version of the antidepressant drug Fluoxetine, also of the same family of SSRI's.  This should not cause problems, particularly at those doses.  If one is taking higher doses of Paroxetine/Paxil, it can sometimes cause withdrawal symptoms if one stops it abruptly, and there one would reduce the dose gradually to 20 mg ( where you already are ) before switching.
Your doctor should have explained this to you, and reassured you.
Remember, folks, if your doctor does not explain such issues to you, or if you have forgotten what he said, ask the pharmacist when you fill your prescription, and they should be well able to advise you, too.