Question
Posted by: bear | 2003/02/27

paul???!!!\\

bear again ...
How did you do it? you seem so happy!!

I have been feeling so down lately ...I feel as though I GIVE,GIVE,GIVE and just never receive....and that's depressing me!
I feel used, lost and worthless...Worst of all I dont know how to shake the feeling

any advise???

Dear bear,
Doesn't it have a lot to do with expectations ? Thank goodness there are good givers out there ( we already know how many takers there are ). But if one expects that there is usually going to be a balance in life, and that you will receive in some rough proportion to what you give, then you're bound to be disappointed.
In fact, some would say that if one gives with an expectation that this entitles one to receive, either from the recipient personally, or from life in general, it isn't a true gift, but more a sort of a loan.

2
Posted by: Concerned | 2003/02/28

Hi Paul

What an inspiration you are. My head is so mixed up and confused that I don't even think about the things that money can't buy. I am going to take your tips to heart! Thank you for your input and hope that other readers are as motivated as I am after reading your note. Keep on with your positive attitude!

Reply to Concerned
Posted by: Paul | 2003/02/28

Hello Bear,

Very hard question to answer. Everybody has something that can make almost everything better and it differs. For me it is being wanted, appreciated and loved and by some stroke of luck I have been getting that lately and it made all the other depressing things seem like side issues. I think love is a universal one, you say you give and give, I had that before so I stopped giving and then I started receiving and giving is so much more of a pleasure!

Also I went on a long holiday which made me realise that there are birds that sing, and that the moon is beautiful when its light strikes clouds at night - all thing you seem to selectively block out when caught in the rat race.

Maybe start appreciating the small free things in life, the warmth of the sun on your skin, getting a gap in peak hour traffic. If you start noticing the little good things, it counters the big bad things.

Bear.

Reply to Paul