Question
Posted by: Kerstin | 2007/03/09

Patrick Holford

What are your views on Patrick Holford and his vitamin etc intake advice ? Also his view on certain foods ?

Thank you !

Dear Kerstin
I think Patrick Holford is quite a sensible person who advocates good eating habits (as do all the dietitians I know). However, in the light of the very latest research which indicates that using vitamin supplements may increase the risk of death, I would be careful of advice about using too many supplements. As a dietitian I believe that 'all foods fit', which means that most people can eat most foods and that a varied, balanced diet is still the best solutions to most dietary problems.

1
Posted by: Lynda | 2007/03/09

It depends which vitamins you use, certain vitamins are dangerous in high doses, like Vit A.

Reply to Lynda