Question
Posted by: help - Dr CASSIM | 2007/08/15

Patient

After a history of infertility , a miscarriage and pre term birth due to an infection , my DR has recommended in this preganancy that I take1 Ecotrin a day ,2 Meticortin a day and the Intragam injection once a week.
Is this safe for the baby and me to take so much drugs at once?
I would really like your professional opinion and from your experiences,is it beneficial to sustain a pregnancy?

Many thanks

Dear Help

The suggestion or recommendation is absolutely logical and will not pose any adverse risks to yourself or the pregnancy perse. This regime is very often used in clinical practice with great success.