Posted by: CP | 2008/08/07

Paternity Test

Hi CyberDoc!

I need some info please.

What is the procedure to get a paternity test? Do I have to have it arranged through a doctor or can I go straight to a pathoglist such as pathcare? I ask because i know that they don' t give results directly to patients in with most tests.

Also, what is the most accurate test - We don' t want a test that will give us a maybe answer, we want a test that is a true yes or no.

Please advise

Hi Cp
You probably can go directly to the lab but most labs would want a form completed by a doctor. You can phone
+27 11 358-0840 / +27 11 358-0745 @ Lancet labs to hear exactly what they would need to have. The best test would be the PATERNITY TESTING TRIO (Child, Mother, Alleged Father) 15 STR LOCI
Read more about this at,22431.asp

Posted by: Rachelle | 2008/08/27

Hi there, please advise if paternity tests can be done before the baby is born?

Reply to Rachelle