Question
Posted by: opal | 2007/05/28

Passive Slimmer Excerciser

hello all:)
I have a question regarding the new passive slimmer excerciser (Hometherapy).. I just wanted to finf out whether the machine actually works to aid in weight loss, toning and better circulation, and also the best and most effective way of using the machine, I have heard that using it 2/3 times a day for 10 min at a time is the best way..
Also, if anyone perhaps knows which settings are more effective on the machine, I would really appreciate it:)
Thanx a lot

Hi Opal

I don't know the specific machine, but I'm very (Very) sceptical of these devices. There is no scientific basis for them, no reason to think that they would ever work successfully, I think that they are nothing more than clever marketing and fraudulent claims. Until they are independently proven to work, I'm doubtful. The tried and tested classic method for weight loss is regular exercise, plain and simple, so that's what I would go with, not these short cuts, they are not sustainable.

3
Posted by: Diana Kestner | 2015/12/03

In my opinion the people who claim success is either selling it or they did something along with using the machine like using pills or doing other exercises on the machine. There's no way of knowing that if they started doing the same exercises on their own that they wouldn't have lost the weight regardless of the machine. People who seek these exercise machines want short cuts, they are often the type of people who do very little exercise or nothing at all, so of course if suddenly they start doing exercises on a machine they will lose weight. One can just as well buy an exercise mat to do exercise on and upon losing weight praise the mat for your weight loss.

Reply to Diana Kestner
Posted by: KOBIE OLIVER | 2007/06/01

IS THE MACHINE WORKING FOR YOU
scientific research on vibration technology goes back to 1960. In the 1970’s vibration technology was further developed for cosmonauts to strengthen muscles and bones weakened during space missions. However, today this technology proves to be useful for a variety of health concerns and results can be seen with only three 10 minute sessions per week! But how does this technology work?

The Yo-Life system is the leader in the field of vibration technology and has been the buzz word in the Health and Fitness Industry. It has taken the world by storm and can now be found in many fitness clubs, spas, wellness centres, beauty centres and even medical and rehabilitation institutions. One vibration technology session provides you with the full effects of a traditional, lengthy training session but in a fraction of the time. This system is suitable for people from all levels of fitness, but as with all forms of exercise, special caution must be taken. Always check with your fitness professional before commencement of treatment.

The oscillating footplate of the machine, as well as its frame was so built to ensure a strong, stable, and reliable construction. The large control panel ensures ultimate convenience in operating the system.

At first, a fitness professional will assist you with the use of the Yo-Life Machine. They will asses your body and the specific goals you have in mind, whether it is to loose weight, improve flexibility, build muscle, fight cellulite, or simply improve your general health. By finding out what goals you have in mind, they will guide you through a variety of ways to use the machine to target certain areas of your body or to assist you with specific concerns that you have with your body and health. The time and frequency of the machine can be set individually. Then all you need to do, is step onto the plate, push the button and then feel the pleasant vibration throughout your body.

The muscle walls of the body are activated by the fast transmission of a series of vibrations, this allows for direct stimulation of the muscles. This way of muscle contraction will cause no oxidative stress, therefore you won’t suffer with any muscular aches and pains after a session on this machine. This is specifically beneficial to the unfit who often suffer with lactic acid formation after just a few minutes of training.

How does this the machine bring about toned muscles?
The vibration of the footplate stimulates the body’s ‘stretch-reflex’ this is similar to the knee jerk movement that occurs when the doctor taps on your knee with a reflex hammer. This muscle contraction is an involuntary movement, thus your leg ‘kicks’ with you having no control over it. The Yo-Life machine produces similar stretch-reflexes with a 100% of muscle fibers being recruited. With conventional weight training merely 40% of muscle fibers are recruited.

The contracting muscles are beneficial to people recovering from a sports injury wanting to add stability and strength to muscles around their joints, to athlete’s in need of more muscle strength and to those suffering with circulatory problems.

How can it reduce my cellulite? The specifically designed programs on the Yo-Life machine will help improve circulation, due to the pumping action the muscles have on the blood vessels. The machine will also loosen up coagulated tissues, help improve the mobility of fat cells and aid the removal of waste products (detoxifying effect) and improve skin tone by reinforcing connective tissue. This will leave your skin toned with less visible cellulite, ready for summer at the beach!

Vibration technology has also brought about great relief in people suffering with musculoskeletal aches and pains. Therefore the Yo-Life machine is great for exercises with the elderly. The machine has shown tremendous benefit in the fight against osteoporosis, due to its effect on bone density, as well as improving muscle strength, balance and co-ordination.
With the Yo-Life Machine, you to can have the same benefits at your disposal and achieve the same success that hundreds of people around the world are experiencing. This might just be your answer to stronger bones, firmer muscles, weight loss and cellulite reduction.

Reply to KOBIE OLIVER | 1 comment (hide)
Posted by: Elmari Theron | 2014/03/23

Hi there I'm looking for an owners manual for the Yo live Villa Wave massage machine. can you perhaps help? Please EMail me to elmari.theron@gmail.com