Question
Posted by: Debs | 2006/11/02

Party for dogs

I have 2 min Daschound, who's 1st birthday is coming up on Sunday. They are like my children. This might sound strange, but has anyone ever given dogs a birthday party, and if so, any suggestion on how to make it fun for them?

I hope you all don't think I am a crazy person...

I have seen dogs that have been given Christmas presents get excited about opening their new toys as well. Obviously one wants to treat them a little but do not overdo it or they will beill.

4
Posted by: Kate | 2006/11/03

LOL Chill !!!!!!

Reply to Kate
Posted by: Chill | 2006/11/02

Dogs have a lot of trouble blowing out candles, so omit those.

Reply to Chill
Posted by: Debs | 2006/11/02

Thanks so much Kate.

I am sure my two are going to have a ball.

From Annabelle and Albert’s mommy...

Reply to Debs
Posted by: Kate | 2006/11/02

Hi Debs.

My Jack Russell turned 1 in September.
I made a liver bread cake for him for his birthday (human stuff is just not healthy)
Roughly it is about 500 grams liver, 1 cup flour, 1 cup mielie meal and a little oil.
Blitz the liver to a pulpy consistency (I did this and then also left some pieces chunky)
Add flour, mielie meal and a few drops of oil (the oil is just to moisten)
Pour into a baking dish and bake for about 20 minutes on 180 degrees (basically till set)
Let cool and viola.
My dogs loved it.
Google liver bread for dogs or homemade dog treats for more ideas.

Oh and happy birthday.

Reply to Kate