Posted by: Mario | 2008/08/20

partner turned cold

HI everyone

I dont know if this is the right forum to post this on, but I will give it a go.

Me and my partner is in an very health and stable relationship for almost 1 &  1/2 years now (We am gay). We life together and are very happy.

Recently his parents decided to move down to Cape Town and move in with him, and his parents do not know about him (or us) and he dont have plans telling them either.

For the past couple of weeks he turned very cold and emotionally withdrew completely. And I do not know how to deal with this. I discussed it with him, but he denies everything and say im over sensitive. Its making me very depressed and I dont know how to deal with his cold shoulder.

We have discussed a plan of action for when his parents are here, but if he is like this already, how will it be when they are here. Any advice will be appreciated greatly

What is it he is hesitant to reveal to his parents ? That he is in a relationship, or that he is gay ? OR both ? Is he perhaps feling colder because he is withdrawing emotionally in preparation for The Visit ? How about seeking a gay-friendly couples counsellor to plan not only for the visit but to clarify whether you both share a similar or at least compatible view of the future ?

Posted by: jcat | 2008/08/20

Mario, contact the Triangle Project in CT for the names of gay-friendly counsellors.

Reply to jcat
Posted by: Me | 2008/08/20

Mario, you will have to make a new post for the Doc to see it. He won' t see you second one.

Reply to Me
Posted by: Mario | 2008/08/20

Thanx doc. Do doc know of any counsellors or where I can found someone?

Reply to Mario