Question
Posted by: KAY | 2007/05/10

Partial Numbness in Face

Hi, I'm 36 yrs old. Don't smoke or take any alcohol. Have been getting weird headaches (left temporal lobe). Also experiencing muscle spasms in legs and find my toes getting numb especially when i walk. Start feeling strange of the left side of my face for abt 2 weeks now, around the eye area was starting to feel numb and tingling, now that numbness has spread to my left cheek and tingling is getting worse. It feels funny as if there is a jerking movement in the cheeks.

Also feeling slight dizziness at times. My left ear always seems full (no ear infection) and when i sleep i feel this pressure build in my ear.

What should i do, should i be concerned. This left side of my face is getting me worried. Had a cholesterol test done and my results were marginally high. Also the artery on the left side of my neck throbs at time. Have been diagnosed with CTS but the throbbing in both hands are getting worse. Could be someting more that CTS, cause CTS will explain the pain in hands. I don't get pain in my fingers which is strange but only in the veins of my hands.

Pls help, I am so afraid that I might get a stroke,

Dear Kay
I think you should be seeing a neurologist. This will need quite extensive examinations and amybe a brainscan.

1
Posted by: Berry | 2007/05/11

Hi sorry i know the doc has already given you an opinion but i can't help but think it may be bell's palsy or ramsey's disease. If you google it, there are a list of symptoms.

Reply to Berry