Question
Posted by: anxious | 2007/06/13

PAROVEN

CD

Apparently Paroven prevents abnormal leakage of fluid from the capillaries into the surrounding tissue. Why then is this only a Schedule 1 medication? Surely most people requiring this medication would need it on a chronic basis, as I do? Its enormously expensive - its costing me R300-R400 a month for 60 tablets and is not covered by the medical aid! They wouldn't even bother to consider my chronic application! They just threw it out immediately!

Dear Anxious
The schedule just indicates that it is a medicine with low abuse potential. I would not leave this as is, I think your specialist should write a motivational letter to Discovery to explain why you should use this as chronic medication. they do make exceptions.