Question
Posted by: Liza | 2005/01/13

Pariah of the office

Well, today I'm not even being greeted by fellow colleagues in the office - and no, its not my imagination. 2 of them came past my cubicle (which is right next to my boss's office and greeted both her and the colleague in the next office) I then gave them a cheery hello - and was flatly ignored. They walked past without even looking at me. Which is rather difficult to do since half of the cubicle is open at the front, and the rest is glass in front and half of the side.

Today my boss and I are having our morning priority discussion again. I'm taking my PDA with - to record our conversation. I have a feeling that I'll be needing it in the close future.

So today I'm not depressed, just down. At least my old boss told me that he would definitely have a look at my CV - they're currently looking for someone with over 5 years experience (I've got over 7) who has accountancy knowledge (passed that module for my degree in the first semester last year) as well as the specific language I program in (which they still program in).

Today I'll be writing some more tests for my ICDL. Already passed 2, just 5 to go. Then I've passed another module towards my degree - end-user computing. Then exams on the 20th and I'll have passed another informatics module. End of this semester I complete my first year - with an extra subject. Need 2 accountancy modules to take Financial risk management.

Another thing - my big boss doesn't want to pay for my first semester this year - he thinks its best if I take a semester 'off' since I have to write an exam that was moved from last semester to this semester due to my hospitalization.

I feel like giving everyone here the finger and walking out. Instead I'm just going to register on my own, and if I get a job at my old company again, I'll be much more relaxed and under excellent management. None of this unprofessional-dont-trust-any-employee-under-you bull-sh1t.

So the Monday after my holiday, I might be handing in my resignation - hopefully. And if I am - GREAT. The year I've been at this company has been mostly HELL.

Again, thanx for listening. Any opinions would be much appreciated.

Sounds like the cool plan to continue your studies and look for better opportunities, while biding your time where you are, makes good sense. If people want to be so childish as to ignore you, ignore the ignoring.