Question
Posted by: Annette | 2004/11/16

PARESTHESIA / TINGLING / NUMBNESS

I HAVE SUFFERED FROM NUMBESS, TINGLING, LEFT SIDED CHEST PAIN, OCCASIONAL MUSCLE STIFFNESS AFTER VERY LIGHT EXERTION, IT SEEMS TO BE MORE NOTICEABLE ON MY LEFT SIDED CHEST AREA AND IN MY FEET. THIS HAS BEEN SINCE APRIL AND STARTED SUDDENLY. I HAVE SEEN COUNTLESS DOCTORS, SPECIALISTS, NEUROLOGISTS, HAD 2 MRI'S, ETC ETC, AND NO ON CAN TELL ME WHY THIS IS HAPPENING. MY MOTHER HAS RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS AND I WAS WONDERING IF THIS COULD BE THE START OF IT. I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ANNUAL RHEUMATOID LEVELS DONE AND WHEN MY SYMPTOMS STARTED 6 MONTHS AGO MY LEVEL WAS 19, APPARENTLY ANYTHING FROM 20 IS CONSIDERE TO BE RA - WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSE.

Annette, it is difficult to make a diagnosis without being able to examine you first. I assume you heart has been checked and that it is OK. Your symptoms might be due to a connective tissue disease or even a neurological disorder, but I suppose you have seen a rheumatologist and a neurologist and they both said you were OK. Maybe the best would be for you to tall me which specialists you saw and which tests were done and then we take it from there. Please post your reply as a new question to ensure that I receive it. Good luck.

2
Posted by: Annette | 2004/11/17

RE: THE ABOVE AND MY FIRST MESSAGE - THE FIRST DOCTOR IS SAW FOR MY ABOVE SYMPTOMS WAS A CARDIOLOGIST WHO PERFORMED 2 ECGS AND A SCAN AND SAID EVERYTHING WAS OKAY, I HAVE ALSO SEEN A NEUROLOGIST WHO DID 2 MRI'S, NERVE CONDUCTION TESTS, ETC - THE ONLY THING HE PICKED UP WAS THAT I HAD SLIGHT CARPAL TUNNEL SYNDROME IN MY LEFT HAND?? I HAVE NOT SEEN A RHEUMATOLOGIST - NEITHER MY DOCTOR OR SPECIALIST RECOMMENDED ONE BUT I THOUGHT I WOULD GO EARLY NEXT YEAR IF THIS CONTINUES. CURRENTLY I AM TAKING MODUCARE AND NUMEROUS OTHER VITAMINS TO TRY AND SEE IF I CAN SHAKE THESE SYMPTOMS. I

Reply to Annette
Posted by: Kate-Lynne | 2004/11/16

I know nothing about these matters, but it I think it may help to see a cardiologist. You don't mention your age and whether or not you have high cholesterol, but you need to be sure that your symptoms are not the result of arteriosclerosis.

Reply to Kate-Lynne