Question
Posted by: Annette | 2004/11/17

paresthesia / numbness / tingling

re the above and my first message - the first doctor i saw was a cardiologist who performed 2 ecgs and a scan and said everything was okay. i have also seen a neurologist who did 2 mri's, nerve conduction tests, left chest xrays, etc - the only thing he picked up is that i have slight carpal tunnel syndrome in my left hand?? i have not yet seen a rheumatologist - neither my doctor or specialist recommended one but I thought I would go early next year if this continues. Currently I am taking moducare and numerous other vitamins to try and see if I can shake these symptoms.

Annette, the next step would be to rule out connective tissue diseases (of which RA is one) by seeing a rheumatologist as the neurologist will also have ruled out neurological disorders like MS. In the meantime you can try taking a long-acting anti-inflammatory like Brexecam® or Celebrex® and see what happens. If it works, you at least know that inflammation is a central part of the problem and this will help focus the search. Good luck.