Question
Posted by: 12 | 2005/12/12

parents

Hi Dr i just need some advise pls....I went out with this guy a year ago, but broke up cos my parents didnt approve..in the mean time i havent gone out with anyone.....cos im still hung up on him...anyway hes back again, and i really want to try again, but know that my parents wont approve..what can i do

It depends on your age. If you're 12 ( for instance ) it's up to your parents and an older guy ought not to be taking you out at all. If you are older and independent, and living on your own, it's not really your parents right to interfere and say who you can and can't see. But even then you should take their concerns seriosuly, as thery've had far more experience of the world than you have

3
Posted by: 12 | 2005/12/12

actually im 26 and live with them....the reason why my parents didnt like him was cos he threw a tantrum infront of them, so what do i do i love both of them and dont really wanna chose

Reply to 12
Posted by: Another one | 2005/12/12

Listen to your parents, they know what is best for you!!

Reply to Another one
Posted by: Frusty | 2005/12/12

Have you asked your parents why they do not approve of him? They may have a very valid reason. My mother did not approve of my husband and I should have listened to her. I would not be in the mess I am in today if I had listened. Speak to them. Your parents have life experience. Use it.

Reply to Frusty