Question
Posted by: Ron | 2007/04/17

paranoid or not?

hi doc
Earlier today, was stil dark outside I left for work and on my way check my postbox, I live in a block of flats and bumped my hand on the edge of the door of the post box (metal). I saw a small black stripe on my finger, that with some rubbing and spit came off. Finger did not bleed, but a while later I saw a tiny little red mark, like a pinprick on my skin, squeezed but still no blood. My question is would I be at risk of HIV if someone before me got scratched (not that I noticed someone around)? Or because my finger did not bleed, would I be fine?
Thank you doc.

Dear Ron
You don't have to worry - you won't pick up HIV this way.

2
Posted by: anon2 | 2007/04/17

Yes! You are going to get Aids and die a slow, painful death!

Reply to anon2

The HIV virus dies when in contact with oxygen, so you are not at risk. don't worry.