Question
Posted by: hvdb | 2007/06/13

paranoid????

I am 24 yrs old with two small toddlers. My whole life I have never really had any problems. 10 months ago my uterus was lifted as it "dropped". Everything seemded to be fine. about 5 months ago, my periods seem to get more painful than ever before. The first two days are extremely heavy, i need to go and change about every two hours and sometimes it even goes to my pants. I have always had a normal period, but not anymore. Even after my period has gone my ovaries still feel sore. This last time i was late 5 days, never happend before. I feel alot of neusea for the past 2 weeks for no apparent reason. And have picked up 5kg in less than 3 months. Not that i am complaining as i have struggled to pick up even a kilogram all my life.
I have been to the gyn yesterday, he 2 hours behind on schedule and i am not feeling quite happy with his response. He did a papsmear and an inernal sonar, but it was in there for literally about 3 seconds, you couldn't even make out what the image was on the screen. He said everything is fine and is he putting me on a light pill for three months just to get my period back on track.

Am i just being paranoid?

If you are suspecting that you are pregnant then I suggest you do a home pregnancy test but this seems terribly odd that your gyn did not do this test yesterday. An USS on its own is not diagnostic alone and what is more important is that your gyn had assessed you on your whole clinical picture. You may just be needing a better explanation and a bit of a listening ear without feeling rushed.