Question
Posted by: Bo | 2005/07/25

Papsmear..

Hi ladies..
I am really puzzled, why is it only ladies who are sexually active should have a papsmear..can a virgin person also have a papsmear done..i am experiencing alot of pain in my abdomen espeacially when i am on my periods..i am still a vrigin..will a papsmear help to find out what is wrong with me?..

If you have never been sexually active, cancer of the cervix which is what pap smears detect, would be very rare. It also does not present with pain, so a pap smear will not really help. If the pain is only there on the first day of your period, try Ponstan.

3
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/25

I agree with Dee. A papsmear is to usually check the cells for cancer or any infection. If the cramps are caused from cysts or something like that then a papsmear won't pick it up.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about - go see your doctor & he/she will know what to do.

Reply to SLC
Posted by: Dee | 2005/07/25

They will most probably do a sonar scan

Reply to Dee
Posted by: SLC | 2005/07/25

You should see a gynae & he/she will be able to determine what the problem is. They may or may not do a pap smear - I don't know.

Reply to SLC