Question
Posted by: Liesl | 2004/11/03

papsmear

Hi, I went to the clinic for a pap smear and she battled to insert the silver spatula to take a sample and eventually had to use a small one as I cept pushing it out. She said that because I has a ceasar, that is the reason my cervix is so small. Does a cervix get smaller after pregnancy? It is strange yet answers why I battle with sex as it is so painful for me, but I always put it to stress / emotional problems I had with my partner. And is it a problem to have a small cervix as I battle with ovary cysts?

It is not your cervix, that is small, but your vagina. It sounds like you could have vaginismus, involuntary tightening of the vaginal muscles. If you do a search on the internet, you should find exercises that will help with this.