Question
Posted by: Nix | 2007/04/02

Pap Smear results

Im 25 years old and last week went for my first ever pap smear it wasnt as bad as i thought. however i got a call from the doc today to say they noticed something abnormal in the results, they dont know wht it is - it may have always been there but i need to come back in 3months for another check up. she said i shouldnt worry - but naturally im stressed out now!!!! pls advise your thoughts

Please ask your doctor for the exact report.

1
Posted by: sam | 2007/04/04

Please don't stress. I've had abnormal pap smear results in the past and have had to wait 4 months for a retest and everything was fine. A lot of the time abnormal pap smear results aren't anything to worry about,the fact that you are sent away is fine.If something was really wrong they would have called you in immediately.I've been there!

Reply to sam