Question
Posted by: Nikki | 2004/11/16

pap smear necessary?

Am 33, and not sexually active for about 6 years. GP recommends that I have a pap smear. Is it really necessary? I've never had one. Nikki

If you have ever been sexually active, you need regular pap smears.

3
Posted by: Elizabeth | 2004/11/16

Even nuns can get cervical cancer. There is a rare type of cervical cancer that is sometimes found in virgins. It accounts for approximately one percent of cervical cancer cases. If you have ever seen somebody die of cervical cancer you will become fanatical about having annual pap smears. It is really not a pretty way to die.

Reply to Elizabeth
Posted by: Jenna | 2004/11/16

Unfortunately, yes it is very necessary. Rather be safe than sorry

Reply to Jenna
Posted by: PN | 2004/11/16

Yes, it is necessary - to check for cervical cancer.

Should be done at least very 2yrs.

Reply to PN